Lead Tenant - live-in mentors for young people
The aim of the Lead Tenant Program is to provide a safe, stable, caring and supportive living environment where young people can develop independent living skills in a shared household, and to assist the young people in transitioning to independent living.
A Lead Tenant is a live-in person whose primary role is to enable a supportive environment for the household of young people.
We are looking for:
- People who believe all young people should be given every opportunity to grow and succeed into their adulthood.
- People to assist young people aged between 16 and 18 years old to work towards independent living.
- Ideally, people who hold a current drivers license.
In return Berry Street will provide:
- 24 hour support.
- The opportunity to be a part of a professional team.
- The opportunity to participate in house meetings and personal supervision.
- Free accommodation at our house, utilities and role-specific training.
It is a requirement that all applicants undergo a WWCC, Police Check and Crim Check.